Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No Poo!



At the end of last month, I decided that I was going to try the 'No poo' trend. Since last, year I have confirmed many of the chemicals used in shampoo and conditioner and even body washes, can cause cancer, and I was interested in finding an alternative. Of course, my first approach was a natural bar of soap. It did the trick alright, but it was still leaving a residue in my hair. So I tried going cold turkey and not washing with anything at all. Well, that obviously never worked out. I started finding more and more websites that were 'no poo' oriented. I found two very simple hair care recipes for a shampoo and conditioner. Not only is it easy, it is also saving me so much money on shampoo and conditioner, which can be up to $10!

For the shampoo:

2 Tbsp Baking soda
8 oz of water

Mix in to a bottle, and viola! Shampoo!


For the conditioner:

2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
4 oz of water

Mix in bottle, and there you go!

My hair has been super clean and it doesn't get greasy in two days! I am not saying that you should take less showers, because it's important not to go around stinking up places because you are on an anti-shampoo strike! Please! Bathe as much as necessary, my goal is to cut back on harmful chemicals, have healthier hair and a happy budget. If you would like to read more about the No poo trend:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_poo


Much love <3
Girl in the Purple Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment