Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gluten Free Vanilla Cake!




I have always wanted to become a better baker, and cake decorator. So with the whole gluten free dilemma, I decided to grab a Bob's Red Mill gluten free vanilla cake mix and give my opinion on it's existence. And to add a little creativity to it, I also made from scratch a kosher fondant icing, which was VERY fun to play with. The cake was perfect! I loved it, because it was not overly sweet. The fondant was very sweet, which equaled out the flavor. It was soft and fluffy, and not too dry, as most gluten free baked goods tend to be. And over all, it was fun! I made this with my best friend, and her siblings help with the flowers. It is a sloppy cake, but it's sort of pretty, and I was pretty impressed with the way it turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment