Saturday, April 3, 2010

Confronting the purple shoes.

Alright, so you're probably wondering what is up with the purple shoes. Do I like other colors? Is it a strange fetish?

When I was in about the second grade, the first pair of shoes I picked out were a pair of plum purple vans, straight from the eighties, which I scored in the local Value Village. I LOVED them. You could say I had an obsession, but I wouldn't think so myself.

Unfortunetly, they weren't the most popular pick, seeing as I wore yellow socks with purple shoes. I was always being made fun of.

"Don't you even know how to match!?" -They would all tease me at recess.

Luckily enough for me, I had an excellent sense of humor and none of it really bothered me. .


So back to the purple shoes. . . I didn't really notice until after I found a brand new pair of all solid purple chuck taylor Converse high tops, that I realized was completely drawn to them. I didn't even care that they were a little big on me, and sort of made me look like a clown. I HAD to have them.

I wore them almost every single day. I literally became "The girl in the Purple Shoes". Like a famous person, without the paparazzi, lipstick, and rumors of affairs or pregnancy. Who could ask for anything more?

So here I am, the Girl in the Purple Shoes, ready to write to my hearts content about things that I think people should be informed of, or ideas that I feel I need to express.


Au Revoir, and bonne nuit! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment